IPC Event Manager (f/m/x)
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Games and the Paralympic Winter Games and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions.
The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic aspiration and values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Event Manager (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural, international team at the IPC headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting the first quarter of 2019 until 30 September 2020 (maternity cover).
Tasks and responsibilities:
The key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the coordination and management of internal and external meetings and events,
- Managing various operational aspects of IPC Sports Championships and Paralympic Games for the department Protocol, Hospitality & Events,
- Managing and updating relevant databases, e.g. by processing registrations, accreditations and accommodation requirements for IPC events, and
- Supporting the department in administrative tasks.
You must be a highly passionate individual who is inspired by the Paralympic Movement and who can fit into and complement an extremely busy and fast paced environment.
Furthermore, you should meet these requirements:
- Have a university degree in Event Management or equivalent,
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in event management (proven experience in the management of sport events is a definite plus),
- Have excellent English verbal and written communication skills (knowledge of additional languages is valued),
- Be computer literate in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and event management databases (e.g. Filemaker Pro),
- Be customer-oriented and have excellent organisational skills,
- Be flexible and able to travel to events to support events on-site, and
- Be able to work independently and meet deadlines in a demanding quality service-oriented environment.
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English as pdf-file by 10 December 2018.
Please state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply; we support the relocation process and will provide transitional accessible accommodation.