Global Content Programming Manager - Esports & Games
Red Bull Media House is a global media company that produces, distributes and publishes authentic content and inspirational entertainment programming in the sports and lifestyle genres. From film to television, print to digital media, music and games, the company's products can be experienced on the latest devices and platforms, fascinating audiences worldwide. For more information visit www.redbullmediahouse.com.
Areas that apply to your strengths
Long story short
You’ll create strategic content programming plans across the entire Red Bull media network to maximize the growth of and engagement with the key target audience for esports and games across the world.
Your responsibilities will include defining a content programming strategy to reach a global esports and games audience, and establishing strong alignments and collaborations between channels and content creation teams to ensure release strategy success. Drawing from your knowledge of the core esport and gaming scenes, ensuring credibility in our programming plans and identifying content offering gaps and opportunities across the Red Bull media network for both live and non-live content, and providing recommendations for adjustments.
You’ll evaluate country local programming and release plans, and elevate them for better local and potentially international exploitation. You’ll provide countries with programming bundles and recommendations and establish strong collaboration with markets, to understand local priorities and needs. You’ll work closely with the Red Bull Media House teams managing the media network channels and producing content.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the analytics teams to translate audience insights into practical guidelines for programming (role of channels, timings) and content (commissioning brief). You will understand and describe this audience and their behavior and evaluate these results. Translate the learnings from release plans into long-term strategies and educational resources and provide regular updates on Audience development across the Red Bull media network. You’ll report on results and suggest release strategies through a strong education program (webinars, blog, presentations).
You’ll be responsible for managing the budget in your area of responsibility.
Your experience includes
- Strong core knowledge of the esport and gaming audiences across a variety of genres and titles
- Fluent understanding of esport and gaming content consumption – example: live streaming on Twitch, event coverage on Twitter from major esports events, gameplay videos on YouTube
- Experience with content programming – social media and/or websites – with this audience
- Excellent knowledge of Social Media and digital media
- Superior project management skills
- Ability to translate data into valuable insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong editorial understanding
- Ability to create strong relationships with stakeholders and prioritize and define standards for support
- Well organized with the ability to work under pressure and to deliver work to highest standard
- Good level of computer literacy, especially, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Docs
- Excellent communication and effective interpersonal skills
- University degree a plus
- Fluent in English, additional language is a plus
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.