Social Media Editor
The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) was founded on 14th April 1900 in Paris and is the world governing body for cycling. The UCI’s mission is to develop and supervise cycling in all its forms and for everybody, as a competitive sport, as a healthy recreational activity and as a means of transport and having fun. Additionally, the UCI promotes a number of its own events, including the UCI Road World Championships, an iconic annual event, and a wide range of other UCI World Championships and World Cups across the various disciplines. It is based in Aigle, Switzerland, at the UCI World Cycling Centre.
The UCI is seeking a:
Social Media Editor
Reporting directly to the Digital & Social Media Coordinator – as part of the UCI Communications Service – the Social Media Editor will oversee editorial and video content, tone of voice and content amplification while ensuring consistency across all channels.
- Implement the established social media strategy across all UCI assets on a daily basis by publishing a constant, relevant and balanced flux of content across all accounts;
- Create and commission social media content;
- Grow the audiences of all social media channels, through managed editorial and paid acquisition campaigns;
- Work with the marketing team to maximize opportunities and exposure for our partners;
- Provide digital and social media coverage of UCI World Championships (travel is required);
- Implement coverage (external) of UCI World Cups;
- Manage relationships with external partners;
- Provide monthly performance and growth reports;
- Engage with the most relevant stakeholders (i.e. riders, teams and organisers).
- 2+ years journalism and/or social media experience, strong writing skills;
- Creative and able to think outside the box to generate unique, interesting and engaging content;
- Experience in building and delivering social media campaigns;
- Experience in using social media data insights: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube.
- Fluent in English, French is a plus;
- Skills in creation of images and social video is a plus;
- Culturally relevant, with a developed interest in sport, cycling being a big plus;
- Good sense of priorities and organisation, ability to multi-task and respect tight deadlines;
- Accuracy and precision in work process;
- Proactive, collaborative and team oriented;
- Collaborative, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- High integrity and dynamic.
Join us and you will have every opportunity to use your skills, to be involved in current sporting activities and to contribute to the success of a modern and dynamic organisation. If you are interested in this position and you meet the criteria outlined in the profile, please e-mail your application and supporting documents (covering letter, CV, employment references and qualifications)