IPC Digital Media Senior Manager (f/m/x) (one-year maternity cover)
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is a non-profit organisation and the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Digital Media Senior Manager (f/m/x) at the IPC HQ in Bonn, Germany, starting 1 May 2018 for a one-year contract as maternity cover.
Reporting to the IPC Director of Media and Communications, these will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and update the IPC’s digital media strategy, co-ordinating with stakeholders inside and outside of the organisation
- Manage and support the digital media team, ensuring strong communication and tone of voice across the IPC’s 50+ channels
- Shape and deliver content plans for the accounts of the IPC and World Para Sports which raise awareness, educate and engage people in Para sport
- Develop partnerships with social media platforms, digital tools, and digital media platforms
- Develop joint digital campaigns with sponsors and approve sponsor social media content
- Support and advise IPC members on best practice and growing their own digital media assets
- Run weekly editorial meetings with digital team and co-ordinate with marketing, broadcast, editorial departments
- Keep abreast of the latest social media developments and contribute accordingly to the strategic direction of IPC digital media
- Take the lead on email marketing and video campaign
- Develop monthly analytics performance reports and collate data that supports changes in tactics
- Develop the skills of the team that you will be responsible for
You should meet our requirements:
You must be a highly talented and enthusiastic individual who can fit into and complement an extremely busy and fast paced team responsible for promoting and raising awareness of the Paralympic Movement. Furthermore, you should have:
- Five to eight years’ experience in PR, communications, journalism, video production or social media management, including at least two years of managing a team.
- A keen interest in as well as advanced knowledge and experience with social media platforms, email marketing and video production
- Good knowledge and interest of sport
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- First-rate planning and organisational skills
- Be resourceful, pay attention to detail and be able to work equally as effectively independently or as part of a team
- Be creative, a quick learner and able to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to manage multiple projects at a time, work flexible hours and be willing to travel
- Fluent verbal and written command of the English language
- Possess a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English by 20 March 2018. Please state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We are looking forward to your application!