World Para Powerlifting Development Co-ordinator (f/m)
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Summer and Winter Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time World Para Powerlifting Development Co-ordinator (f/m) in a multi-cultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting on 01 November 2017.
These will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Research and propose methods and areas to enhance technology in World Para Powerlifting competitions
- Co-ordinate the application, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all Para powerlifting development programmes
- Assist the development of new events, competition formats and qualification criteria
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of the Para powerlifting sport equipment licensing and certification system
- Liaise with and enhance communications with all Para powerlifting stakeholders
- Support the planning and delivery of all World Para powerlifting competitions
These will be your tasks and responsibilities (continued):
- Co-ordinate, develop and update all sport technical educational material and activities
- Support the development of competition technical requirements and documents for World Para Powerlifting Championships, Games and World Cups
- Provide support to World Para Powerlifting Management, Sports Technical Committee and Technical Advisory Groups where required
- Conducting other day-to-day administrative activities and provide service support to World Para Powerlifting operations
You should be an energetic, open-minded individual with a passion to work for a global sports organisation.
Furthermore, you should meet these requirements:
- Experience in a sport-related environment (for example: Organising Committee, NOC/NPC, Sport Federation, current or former athlete, sports science/management degree or similar)
- Understanding and experience in sport/event management and administration
- Good communication skills and excellent verbal and written command of English (knowledge in other languages is a plus)
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented and meticulous work manner
- Excellent administration/organisational skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to operate with limited supervision and multitask in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Understanding of Paralympic sport and/or prior working experience in strength sports or a sport event environment is an advantage
- Creativity is always welcomed and a knowledge of illustrator, Prezi or other design programmes is beneficial
- Be an energetic, open-minded individual with a passion to work as part of a team in a global sports organisation
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English to Alexandra Schnurr, IPC Human Resources Senior Manager via the provided link by 30 September 2017, the latest.
Please also state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We look forward to your application!