Paralympic Games Co-ordination Manager (f/m)
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Paralympic Games Co-ordination Manager at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
These will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Liaise with OCOGs (Organising Committees) in regards to co-ordination activities for the Paralympic Games
- Monitor and report on complex project planning, following-up of tasks and milestones related to the Paralympic Games in collaboration with IPC departments and Organising Committees
- Prepare and organise meetings (e.g. agendas, travel arrangements, follow-up documentations and letters) and participate as needed in meetings with OCOGs (e.g. CoCom’s, Project Re-views, Technical meetings, Conference Calls)
- Conduct day-to-day administrative activities and maintain updated databases
- Define and lead key operational readiness activities internal to the IPC including planning, training and testing of key policies and procedures
- Support all aspects of risk and issue management related to the Games for the IPC
- Oversee other aspects of internal operational readiness including management and preparation of the IPC delegation
These will be your tasks and responsibilities (continued):
- Support the post games report collection process, analyse and report on the outcomes of the Post-Games Evaluation of the Paralympic Games to ensure the continuous improvement of the IPC’s processes and Games planning approach
- Support the operations of the Games Co-ordination Office (GCO) in the Pre- and Games Time period
- Contribute and assist on other tasks and projects as requested by the Department Director
The IPC Paralympic Games Co-ordination Manager will report directly to the IPC Paralympic Games Integration Director.
You should meet our requirements:
- University degree or equivalent in Business Administration and/or Project / Sport Management degree/certificate
- Proven work experience and knowledge in event management and planning
- Proven work experience within an Olympic/Paralympic Organizing Committee or an international sport organization is a plus
- Have strong analytical skills, attention to detail while also being able to see the “big picture”
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Good organization skills that allow to the management of multiple projects at the same time while meeting deadlines
- Ambition to learn and live the IPC’s vision, aspiration and values
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and experience working with databases
- Experience in conduction surveys or statistical analysis considered a plus
- Native or fluent verbal and written command of the English language
- Have good communication skills and be able to interact at all levels
- Be used to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Flexibility in regards to working hours and availability to travel regularly
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, send your CV and cover letter in English via the provided link. Please also state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro) by 24 September 2017.
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We look forward to your application!