EURO 2020 LOS Liaison Manager
|Sector||Verbände & LOKs|
|Function||Veranstaltung & laufender Betrieb, Strategie & Recherche|
Division / Unit: Operations / LOS Liaison Office
Contract type: Fixed Term
Start date: 01.01.2018
End date: 31.08.2020
To mark the 60th anniversary of the European Football Championship, UEFA EURO 2020 will be organised as a truly pan-European event for the first time. In June/July 2020, a total of 51 matches will be played in 13 different host cities across Europe.
In order to deal with the increased number of partners and the different configurations of each local organising structure (LOS), a new unit, the LOS Liaison Office, has been created within the UEFA Operations Division. The LOS Liaison Office serves as the account management hub for the 13 LOS project leaders and, as such, acts as a catalyst for the overall EURO 2020 project through regular communication with the LOS and UEFA project leaders, and by sharing information across projects, facilitating work processes and connecting people.
The EURO 2020 LOS Liaison Manager supports the LOS Liaison Office by assisting with the overall management of the EURO 2020 project, serving as key account manager for a certain number of LOS teams and carrying out general administrative tasks.
- Streamlining communications between UEFA and the 13 LOS project leaders;
- Supporting the management of the ICT communication and cooperation platform Jive/Bridge and providing efficient support to all UEFA and LOS users;
- Ensuring efficient follow-up with internal and external stakeholders;
- Serving as key account manager for a certain number of LOS teams;
- Monitoring the compliance of UEFA and LOS teams with staging-agreement deliverables and establishing documentation to support any potential claims of non-compliance;
- Preparing and organising workshops and meetings;
- Collecting and filtering information, and reviewing the content of project documents;
- Supporting the organisation of internal UEFA cluster/coordination meetings;
- Providing support to the EURO 2020 project owners (process management, providing background information, facilitating meetings with LOS teams, etc.);
- Taking ownership of subprojects.
- from 4 to 6 years operational experience in football or sports events
- Bachelor's in business management, law or administration
- Project management qualification
- English / Proficient
- Knowledge of Russian or Azerbaijani would be an asset
- Planning skills and the ability to deliver complex tasks within defined scopes and deadlines
- Able to build strong working relationships to ensure that all stakeholders and partners understand their responsibilities
- Willing to travel (although the role is based in Nyon, Switzerland, visits to venues may be required)
- Knowledge of UEFA working processes (SAP, FAME, BPC, TIS, etc.) would be an asset
- MS Office / Proficient
- Project Management / Proficient