Marketing Manager, Germany, Netherland and Luxembourg (m/f/d)
|Location||Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg|
|Sector||Agenturen & Sponsoren|
|Function||Marketing & Kommunikation|
- Create comprehensive, strategic marketing plans which successfully meet volume and profitability targets, and manage their implementation in partnership with the wider marketing department and in collaboration with event operations staff and regional stakeholders.
- Craft marketing approach for specific events, which adapt Series/ Brand product offerings or messages so that they resonate with customers in each specific locale.
- Manage a country-specific marketing budget.
- Plan and facilitate media buying and creative development for print, radio, out of home and other traditional media in addition to digital advertising and new media placements, either through media agencies or direct negotiation.
- Create and foster media partnerships and value opportunities.
- Forge partnerships with local stakeholders including federations, sponsors and industry peers.
- Participate in host city stakeholder management and facilitate associated marketing obligations.
- Work closely with functional leads within the EMEA and Global Marketing teams and Regional Operations teams to:
- Monitor current and historical deployment of marketing channels such as email, print, out of home, digital and grassroots marketing to identify trends and synthesize new ideas into marketing plans and event executions.
- Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and participant satisfaction goals.
- Clearly articulate and report to executives on status of event marketing campaigns and brand market position using data and analytics to substantiate.
- Develop a keen understanding of regional and local markets, using firsthand observation, quantitative and qualitative data about the industry, consumers, places and categories.
- Develop content, campaigns and maintain social media pages for portfolio and collaborate with Athlete Services team to resolve customer issues.
- Support Operations team with community liaison and communications.
- Participate in professional athlete relationship management as it applies to event attendance and endorsement/s.
- Develop and execute media and PR plan to achieve positive brand and event coverage for country.
- Facilitate event weekend media, PR and social media schedules to output high quality content and endorsements.
- Identify, respond and elevate potential crisis situations.
- Seek opportunities for brand marketing, lead generation and athlete development in collaboration with the broader marketing team.
- Maintain sufficient notes and documentation to enable historical information recording and sharing.
- Use initiative and problem solving skills to anticipate potential challenges and provide appropriate resolution, recruiting and informing appropriate stakeholders as required.
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 - 5 years marketing experience
- Data driven
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking capability
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to advocate for change in any environment among peers, managers, executives, and outside partners
- Superior time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to fluidly transition between managing the work of others and being an individual contributor
- Possess a goal-oriented approach, with the desire and capability to track activities to business metrics and an overall plan. The successful candidate has a demonstrated desire to conceptualize, execute, and report on complex integrated marketing programs
- A passion for an active lifestyle is a plus
- Ability to work some weekends and non-traditional hours
- Ability to travel 25%+
A contract will be made available based on full-time employment and for an indefinite period. We are looking forward to receiving your application and CV in English language including your salary expectations and your notice period.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world.