EURO 2020 Staff Accommodation Assistant
|Sector||Verbände & LOKs|
|Function||Veranstaltung & laufender Betrieb|
Division / Unit: Operations / Event Operations
Contract type: Fixed Term
Start date: 01.08.2019
End date: 31.08.2020
In 2020, the UEFA EURO will celebrate its 60th anniversary. To celebrate this milestone, the tournament will be played across 12 different European cities - bringing the EURO closer to the fans and celebrating the best European football and culture. To make this all possible we need fantastic, dedicated people in every area - that is why we are recruiting a EURO 2020 Staff Accommodation Assistant, who will mainly focus on the staff accommodation project.
Now that most of the hotels have been contracted, the purpose of the role is to prepare and coordinate the operations for the EURO 2020 staff hotels, during the final tournament but also during the working visits that will precede it. In total, approximately 4'500 staff members will need to be accommodated in over 70 contracted hotels, representing a total of 125'000 overnights.
Central Services, part of the Event Operations Unit, manages accommodation and travel services through a database in coordination with external travel agency partners. Additionally, the team helps to maintain the overall tournament staffing plan.
Reporting to the Central Services Team Leader, the EURO 2020 Staff Accommodation Assistant will be part of a dynamic team and will need to work closely with internal stakeholders as well as external suppliers and partners.
- Assessing and updating hotel selections for EURO 2020 staff;
- Contracting additional hotels depending on the latest needs;
- Attending hotel site visits if required;
- Creating the contracted hotels and allotments in the database;
- Coordinating hotel allotment management according to the cancellation policies;
- Assisting in managing overall operations (rooming lists, allotment updates, communication with the hotels, etc.);
- Coordinating the overall logistics of EURO 2020 working visits (flights, hotels, etc.);
- Ensuring that UEFA policies are implemented within his/her area of influence;
- In case of need, supporting colleagues with staffing plans and travel requests;
- In case of need, supporting colleagues with the organisation of other events.
- from 1 to 3 years in a similar position
- from 1 to 3 years in an events company or in the events/service industry
- from 1 to 3 years in an international and multicultural environment
- Bachelor's or equivalent in the event or service industry;
- Tourism, hotel or travel qualifications an advantage
- English / Proficient
- French is an asset
- CRM / Intermediate
- MS Office/ Advanced
- Service-minded and solution-oriented
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work in a team (internal and/or across units)
- Able to communicate easily with different cultures and different client expectations
- Able to manage conflicting situations
- Able to handle stress
- Motivated; able to increase team motivation
- Able to take initiatives and decisions
- Willing to travel (15-20 % travel needed)