Football Technology Manager
To support our Football Technology & Innovation Subdivision, FIFA is looking to recruit a self-motivated and flexible person as a Football Technology Manager, 100% (Permanent contract).
• Supporting the development of state-of-art tracking technologies that can support the introduction of (semi-)automated offside calling technologies in football by engaging with football technology suppliers and working closely with FIFA’s Football Research & Standards department
• Leading the implementation of football technologies at selected FIFA tournaments by managing project teams and acting as main point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders
• Closely collaborating with other FIFA departments and divisions, in particular FIFA’s Refereeing Subdivision, Technical Development Division, Tournaments and Events Division and Commercial Division, by identifying their needs and communicating requirements
• Managing the procurement process for the required technologies and services by analysing the market, drafting tender documents, selecting suppliers and negotiating agreements
• Supporting the implementation and operation of football technologies on site by acting as venue manager during selected FIFA tournaments
• Supporting FIFA’s member associations and football leagues with the selection and implementation of football technologies by attending meetings and sharing knowledge
• Improving FIFA’s technology setup and services at FIFA tournaments by constantly analysing the market and testing and assessing new technologies and innovations
• Business and/or engineering educational background, or similar
• 3-5 years working with technology in sports and events
• Football knowledge (Laws of the Games and tactical understanding)
• In-depth knowledge of football technologies, in particular tracking technologies
• Experience with the implementation of football technologies (e.g. goal-line technology, video assistant referee (VAR) technology)
• Fluent English, knowledge of any other language an asset
• Excellent project management skills
• Solution oriented, flexible team-player
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Willingness to travel (20-30%)
• Strong identification with FIFA’s philosophy
FIFA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin color, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disability, or on any other grounds.
You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please click “apply” and submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters).