World Para Ice Hockey Manager (f/m/x)
Management of World Para Ice Hockey at the International Paralympic Committee.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time World Para Ice Hockey Manager (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting on 06 January 2020. This position is a parental leave cover and will have a duration of at least one year.
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Summer and Winter Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, including World Para Ice Hockey. The IPC is committed to enabling Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the entry to high performance.
Reporting to the Managing Director of World Para Sports , these will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Overseeing the implementation of the Corporate and Strategic Plan and budgets for World Para Ice Hockey
- Managing and maintaining the publication of sport rules, regulations, handbooks and manuals in terms of reference, competition calendar and other material
- Providing administrative services and support to the relevant sport advisors/advisory groups/volunteer workforce and co-ordinating relevant meetings and events
- Liaising with various Competition Organising Committees throughout all phases of competition development, planning, delivery and evaluation
- Liaising with various stakeholders and external institutions to strengthen and deliver development opportunities for World Para Ice Hockey
- Managing, in co-operation with the relevant IPC Department and Committee, the planning and operation of all athlete classification related matters
- Liaising with relevant IPC Departments and Committees on the operational management of legal affairs, risk management, education, finance, marketing and sponsorship, media and communications, medical and scientific and logistical services related to World Para Ice Hockey
- Planning and managing various development activities of World Para Ice Hockey including meetings and events with the aim to grow the sport worldwide
- Conducting day-to-day administrative activities of World Para Ice Hockey
You should be an energetic, open-minded individual with a passion to work for a global sports organisation.
Furthermore, you should meet these requirements:
- University degree or equivalent
- Experience with sport/event organisations on a national or international level
- Working knowledge and experience of Ice Hockey or Para Ice Hockey is essential
- Working experience in project and/or event management
- Strong planning, organisation and management skills with the ability to work under pressure, and oversee multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Accurate and efficient, with acute attention to detail and meticulous work manner
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, including diplomacy to negotiate conflicting priorities and develop strong relationships
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with varying international client groups
- Excellent command of oral/written English, including strong writing skills and the ability to create professional documents
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested and your qualifications meet our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English and in the pdf format.
The application submission deadline is 17 November 2019.
The salary level for Managers/Executive Assistants at the IPC is between EUR 3,000 - 3,800 gross per month.
We especially encourage individuals with an impairment to apply; we support the relocation process and provide transitional accessible accommodation.
We look forward to your application!