World Para Athletics Media Co-ordinator (f/m/x)
The World Para Athletics Media Co-ordinator (f/m/x) will produce editorial and social media content for publication on the International Paralympic Committee's (IPC), Americas Paralympic Committee's (APC) and World Para Athletics websites and social media channels and work with the World Para Sports editorial and digital media team to develop content plans for World Para Athletics events.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time World Para Athletics Media Co-ordinator (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, as soon as possible.
The IPC is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Summer and Winter Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the entry to high performance. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
Reporting to the IPC Public Relations Senior Manager and the World Para Sports Digital Media Manager, these will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Producing editorial and social media content for publication on the IPC, Americas Paralympic Committee (APC) and World Para Athletics websites and social media channels.
- Working with the World Para Sports editorial and digital media team to develop content plans for World Para Athletics events.
- Attending World Para Athletics events, writing content for the website and producing and posting content on the social media pages.
- Creating digital media content and monitoring the World Para Athletics channels.
- Working closely with the stakeholders and different IPC departments in activities related to World Para Athletics events.
You must be a highly talented and enthusiastic communicator, who can complement an extremely busy and fast-paced team responsible for promoting and raising awareness of the Paralympic Movement.
Further on, you should meet these requirements:
- Be a journalism or communications graduate with at least two years of experience of working in a busy newsroom and/or PR & Communications in-house/agency role.
- Have excellent verbal and written command of English and Spanish (knowledge of other languages is an advantage)
- Have experience in creating and publishing online and social media content
- Have first-rate planning and organisational skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have a keen interest in sport
- Have knowledge of social media and its impact in promoting sport
- Be creative, a quick learner and able to work to tight deadlines
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Be able to work flexible hours and be willing to travel
Do you want to apply?
If you wish to apply to the position, please send your CV and cover letter in English and in the pdf format to email@example.com (IPC HR Senior Manager).
The deadline for submission is 07 August 2019.
The salary level for Assistants/Co-ordinators at the IPC is between EUR 2,400 - 3,000 gross per month.
We especially encourage individuals with an impairment to apply; we support the relocation process and provide transitional accessible accommodation.
For further information on the IPC or the Agitos Foundation, please contact us or visit our website under www.paralympic.org.If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We look forward to your application!