Media Rights Supervisor
Division / Unit: Marketing / Media Rights & Production Services
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 06.01.2020
The UEFA Media Rights Unit manages the exploitation of all UEFA's media rights across all its competitions. The Media Rights Supervisor supports the Senior Media Rights Manager with the proper implementation of media rightsstrategies, ensuring revenue optimisation and a broad distribution platform for UEFA competitions.
UEFA Youth League, UEFA Women's Champions League and UEFA Futsal Champions League
Helping to define the global sales strategies and supervising their successful implementation by:
- Coordinating the sales processes through regular consultation and liaising with the agencies on packaging, coordination of timing, tender documents, bid evaluations, deal approval forms and media rights agreements;
- Supervising the agencies to ensure proper delivery of rights for ongoing competitions and handling issues, such as requests for contractual amendments, breaches of contract or scheduling conflicts;
- Taking charge of the media aspects of the official competition documentation, e.g. regulations, club manuals, broadcaster partner production manuals, guidelines;
- Monitoring media rights exploitation and account management issues;
- Collaborating internally and externally with relevant stakeholders.
UEFA archive rights
Helping to define UEFA’s archive rights sales strategies and supervising their successful implementation by:
- Handling daily archive licensing sales, servicing and contract management;
- Developing and optimising the administration tools to simplify sales processes and increase sales;
- Updating the information required on SAP and uploading contract details and invoices;
- Collaborating with Legal and TV Production colleagues, and externally with national associations, clubs, broadcasters, production companies and agencies.
UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League
Helping Senior Media Rights Manager to successfully implement the global sales strategies by:
- Supporting the sales process, e.g. bid evaluations, deal approval forms, media rights agreements, and assisting with specific requests, e.g. contractual amendments, public screening agreements;
- Day-to-day liaising with clubs with regard to club media rights issues.
- Updating sales management tools comprehensively and in a timely manner;
- Supporting any internal/external media rights presentations;
- Bringing added value to the team with innovative ideas that could further enhance UEFA's exploitation of media rights.
Profile of successful candidate
- from 4 to 6 years in sports media rights and/or media rights acquisition
- English / Proficient
- Any additional language would be an advantage
- MS Office / Advanced
- Good understanding of football, especially the European game
- Understanding of the global media industry and related sports rights issues
- Good team spirit