Marketing & Communication Manager - Gaming
The Drone Champions League (DCL) is the recognised championship for professional drone racing teams: an innovative race series that blurs the lines between virtual and reality to serve up a new era of sports entertainment.
For our Communications and Marketing Team, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Marketing and Communication Manager who will lead DCL – The Game marcoms strategy and execution.
- You’ll be responsible for creating the DCL - The Game marcomms strategy, addressing the challenges to win new fans and confirm existing ones
- You’ll set the tone for all editorial content related to DCL - The Game, identify story opportunities and be the point of contact for all press
- You’ll work with the Communication and Marketing Managers to integrate DCL – The Game into our overall content plan
- You’ll work with the Digital Marketing Manager to explore new channels to promote DCL – The Game, set the strategy and tone for each and ensure channels are managed and activated according to the overarching strategy
- You’ll come up with ideas and oversee all DCL – The Game activations, always looking for new opportunities and avenues to integrate DCL – The Game
- You’ll be responsible for coming up with content ideas for our owned channels as well as creating and maintaining assets for our pilots and stakeholders to use to promote DCL – The Game
- 5+ years of experience in Communication, PR or in a media led company. Experience in sport communication is advantageous
- Knowledge and understanding of PR and marketing communication, moving image and still image productions as well as web, social & digital activation
- Knowledge in on-site event communication & media handling
- An enthusiastic, open minded, diligent, structured team player with excellent leadership & presentation skills
- Stress-resistant and able to handle difficult situations under pressure
- A strategic generalist and hands-on executer, who knows how to inspire people, but also sets clear targets and deliverables
- Excellent spoken and written English. German is advantageous.