Event Communication Manager
You’ll oversee the amplification of flagship international event series. Amongst other projects, a key focus for you’ll will be leading the communication strategy for the Wings for Life World Run - the chosen charity for Red Bull and a strategic company initiative that involves stakeholders throughout the organization.
Areas that play to your strengths
(All the responsibilities we'll trust you with):
- PROJECT LEAD
In this role, you’ll act as a general representative and owner of your projects, meaning you’ll secure a joint vision and establish objectives and targets. You’ll lead a team of seasoned experts to manage and leverage various projects and maintain project budgets and forecasts. You’ll brief other stakeholders regarding rights clearance, manage relationships & drive coordination with different teams and countries.
You’ll create and share reportings, project updates and outcome documentation with key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- COMMUNICATION PLAN
You’ll define and maintain editorial principles, brand and project messaging. Additionally, you will identify and share new story opportunities to create a year-long narrative and communication milestone plan for always on communication towards the focus audience. Your goal will be to be innovate and set benchmarks to move Red Bull’s sports communication forward globally, which will be done by looking for new event communication strategies, execution and or/tools.
- EARNED MEDIA AMPLIFICATION
Another aspect of this role will be for you to holistically take care of the communication tasks and actions before, during and after the event, meaning you’ll be accountable for earned media amplification. You’ll drive the content for earned print, social, radio, web & broadcast news outlets & create syndication papers for web and broadcast partners in alignment with the content distribution department.
Furthermore, you’ll manage the event operations and on-site management of the Communication team and set up the global press office and news distribution team in collaboration with countries.
- COUNTRY GUIDANCE
Developing and providing key messaging and actionable communication milestone plans that allow country adaptions to be relevant in multiple markets will be an important task. You’ll inspire and engage countries to activate global led projects with joint forces, train and guide them on the project key messaging and one-voice strategy following the communication plan and key milestones. You’ll support them in defining media partners, provide briefing material & initiate knowledge transfer among countries.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
(That matter most for this role):
- 5+ years of experience in Communication, PR, Marketing or in a media led company
- CSR, corporate social responsibility, charity, communication, activation, earned, owned, social, paid, strategy, PR
- Vast knowledge and understanding of PR and marketing communication, moving image and still image productions as well as web, social & digital activation
- Knowledge in on-site event communication & media handling & of the global media landscape
- Ideally experience with corporate social responsibility and/or charity related initiatives
- An enthusiastic, open minded, diligent, structured team player with excellent leadership & presentation skills
- Absolutely stress-resistant and able to handle difficult situations under pressure
- A strategic generalist and hands-on executer, who knows how to inspire people, but also sets clear targets and deliverables
- Fluent in English and German
We are looking forward to receiving your online application!