EURO 2020 Central Services Assistant
The Central Services Assistant assesses, plans and supports service logistics for staff and suppliers working on the main UEFA national and club competitions. The main focus is on the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League season and finals. The role mainly includes managing accommodation and travel services using a database in coordination either with an accommodation agency or with the supplier directly. Support services also include requests for accreditation, uniform and catering needs and helping to maintain the overall staffing plan.
Reporting to the Central Services Manager, the Central Services Assistant is part of a dynamic team and works closely with in-house stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Assessing hotel selections and allotments for UCL and UEL season matches and managing overall hotel operations per match for staff, suppliers, sponsors and broadcast partners in liaison with an accommodation agency;
- Coordinating flight and train bookings for staff, ensuring UEFA Travel Policy is adhered to;
- Assisting with the overall hotel concept for the club competition finals; coordinating the hotel allocations, travel requests and staff services requirements;
- Helping to set up the staff database for the club competition final events as required, collecting data and entering it in our main database, and updating the staffing plans;
- Helping colleagues to organise other events, such as EURO 2020.
PROFILE OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- from 1 to 3 years' experience with travel and accommodation planning and management for major events
- experience working on-site at international sports event an advantage
- experience with event databases, change management or hotline procedures an advantage
- Bachelor's preferably a university degree
- Tourism, hotel or travel qualification an advantage
- English / Proficient
- French is an asset
- MS Office / Advanced
- Good organisational skills
- Good understanding of the event industry
- At ease with figures
- Excellent attention to detail