Venue Technical Coordinator
In 2020, the UEFA EURO will celebrate its 60th anniversary. To celebrate this milestone, the tournament will be played out in 12 different European cities – bringing the EURO closer to the fans and celebrating the best of European football and culture. To make all this possible, we need fantastic, dedicated people in all sectors.
As part of the Technical Services & Overlay team, the local Venue Technical Coordinator supports the Venue Technical Manager for implementing the technical services and overlay sub-projects at one of the 12 UEFA EURO 2020 venues. Together with the Venue Technical Manager and appointed suppliers, the Venue Technical Coordinator ensures correct delivery of power supply, tents, scaffolding, TV and media tribunes, TV studios and platforms, sound systems, light and video, water, temperature control, venue TV, waste management, H&S and other services.
The Venue Technical Coordinator shall be sourced locally, ideally home-based in the host city, with a good knowledge of the local technical supplier market. She/he shall be able to communicate on the one hand in English with the international sourced Venue Technical Manager and other Venue Teams and on the other hand with stadium and local teams in the host country language which shall be the Venue Technical Coordinators mother tongue.
The Venue Technical Coordinator reports to the Venue Technical Manager and represents the UEFA Technical Services & Overlay Project during the Venue Technical Manager’s off-days.
- Coordinate the on-site implementation of subprojects of the UEFA EURO 2020 Technical Services & Overlay project;
- Acting as a team with the Venue Technical Manager;
- Establishing a good working relationship with the stadium operator and managing the stadium part of the Technical Services & Overlay sub-projects;
- Manage the implementation of on-site needs with local suppliers and stadium – if necessary, in the host country language;
- Coordinate appointed suppliers to ensure they deliver contracted services;
- Operating together with the line manager the Technical Services & Overlay sub-projects for all matches at the venue;
- Troubleshooting issues and responding to requests that arise day to day.
Profile of successful candidate
- Experience required:
- From 1 to 3 years: Working with an organisational role in a technical environment
- Strong asset: Experience with international working environment
- Strong asset: Experience in technical event production
- Any technical diploma, not necessarily directly related to the work of the Technical Services & Overlay team, in connection with the required experience
- Any technical training, not necessarily directly related to the work of the Technical Services & Overlay team, in connection with the required experience
- Other training related to the required experience
- English / Proficient
- Host country language / Mother tongue
- CAD (AutoCad) / Basic
- MS Excel / Intermediate
- MS PowerPoint / Intermediate
- MS Project / Intermediate
- MS Word / Intermediate
- Open minded character; very good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Service- and client-oriented approach
- Strong personality
Start date: 02/03/2020
End date: 02/07/2020