UEFA Executive Master for International Players (UEFA MIP)
The UEFA MIP is specifically designed for former professional football and futsal players as a next step in their career off the pitch. There are seven week-long sessions held in major European cities and, to broaden cultural understanding in sport, the last session takes place in the USA. In order to provide a comprehensive overview of football management, each session examines a different aspect of the administration and governance of a football organisation. In addition, players not already working within a sports body are requested to complete a three-month work placement role, which should provide hands-on and day-to-day experience.
The topic areas for the week-long sessions are as follows:
• Framework of professional sport;
• Role & skills of the manager;
• Format and regulation of competitions;
• The manager in action;
• Strategic marketing;
• Stadiums & operations management;
• North American leagues and clubs.
After completing the UEFA MIP, participants will have:
• Gained confidence in their capacity to act as a leader within football administration;
• Acquired key skills to successfully manage their second career;
• Expanded their network in the sports industry.
Who: Former international football and futsal players, referees and coaches
When: Every second year. Third intake starts in October 2019
How long: 20 months
Price: 27’000 EUR (scholarships available)
Number of participants: 25
Academic certification: Executive Master, 60 ECTS credits