Spectator Services Manager
FIFA and the Qatar LOC have created a new Joint Venture which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
The Spectator Services Manager advocates for FIFA World Cup to make an outstanding spectator experience one of its core objectives, before and during the tournament.
The Spectator Services Manager will be the lead of one of the largest functional area of the FIFA World Cup, having a crucial role in the coordination of the planning and delivery of the FIFA World Cup spectator experience.
He/she will ensure the best possible experience for ticketed holders with particular focus on in-Stadium match day operations planning and delivery, leading the vast workforce made of staff and volunteers that will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the necessary flow of information, contributing to create a friendly and safe environment within its area of responsibility, delivering the agreed services (i.e. Information, wayfinding and ushering through volunteers, Information Points, Lost & Found, Mobility Services, Prohibited Items Depots, etc.), anticipating issue and reporting, or escalating, appropriately.
This position will work closely with internal service providers and public stakeholders with whom shall interact during the planning phase to reach a top level operational integration, also seeking cooperation to innovate elements of the spectator experience.
The Spectator Services Manager will pay particular attention to information gathering and sharing, being one of the main points of reference for spectator communication and relations matters which are not included in other departments` roles and responsibilities.
Implement the spectator experience strategy for the FIFA World Cup, Qatar 2022, participating in the planning processes, leading for the spectator constituent group and advocating for an outstanding experience.
By coaching members of the planning team on the spectator journey, the Spectator Services Senior Manager will be leading the development and implementing of integrated spectator services operations within the 8 stadiums of the FIFA World Cup, working closely with internal (i.e. Venue Operations, Marketing, Communications, Ticketing, Security) and external (i.e. Airport, Public Transport, Host Country Operations Authorities) stakeholders for the development and delivery of a seamless end-to-end spectator experience for ticket holders on match days.
Here is a non-comprehensive list of key responsibilities:
- Defining detailed policies, procedures, concept of operations, operational plans, services inventory, etc. as relates to spectators.
- Staff training since the induction.
- Leading the Spectator Services team by example, providing clear guidelines and solutions, mitigating conflicts and motivating the staff.
- Facilitate cooperation with all functional areas.
- Seeking cooperation to define an integrated communication strategy and being the point of reference for spectator communications related matters does not scare you.
- Development of tools and materials (including presentations, reports, manuals, etc.) and keeping it regularly updated.
- Seeking ideas and contributing to innovations that can enhance the spectator experience is your obsession, not only your target.
- In cooperation with the Host Country, develop and conduct a spectator survey to monitor the quality of the delivery and elaborate a daily report to submit to management.
Qualifications and experience
- Project Management qualification would be a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master degree, or equivalent in relevant subject
- Extensive experience in events, particularly in fan experience-related operational roles (ticketing, customer service, crowd management, ceremonies, services, etc.)
- Exposure to all key aspects of delivering a major event, preferably within football
- Experience in developing and documenting plans
- Knowledge of operational and delivery elements of major events
- Excellent understanding of spectators behaviour and motivations
- Experience managing service providers as well as volunteers
- Previous work in generating, managing, tracking and reporting on multiple concurrent deliverables in various phases of development
As a plus, the ideal candidate would have gathered enough experience in one or more of the following projects:
- Staff and/or volunteers training
- Spectator guide/digital guide/app development
- Survey – data collection and analysis
- Strong management skills
- Excellent service orientation
- Ability to engage and manage different stakeholders, from private to governmental agencies
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Able to influence decision by providing quantitative analysis evidence
- Poise under pressure
- Oriented to lead by example
- Creative thinker with strong implementation skills
- Flexible when facing constant change
- Ability to create spreadsheets, documents, presentations
- English fluency – spoken and written (required)
- Arabic fluency – spoken and written (a plus)
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- Planning software and online collaboration tools (an asset)