Olympic Games Finance Manager
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: to be discussed
The Olympic Games Finance Manager will work with the Associate Director of Olympic Games Finance to manage, lead and run the Unit’s projects.
Planning, coordination & activity follow-up
- Support the Associate Director in the coordination and monitoring of the wider financial management activities of the Summer and Winter Organizing Committees for the Olympic Games (OCOGs) and/or Youth Olympic Games (YOGOCs) from the candidature phase until dissolution.
- Areas of responsibility for this role include, among others, OGOC/YOGOC Financial Planning, VIK Management, Financial Systems, Procurement & Contract Management, Directory of Services (Rate Card), Insurance, Finance Games-Time operations and Dissolution Phase.
- Provide support, guidance and share expertise to the OCOGs/YOGOCs teams in their financial planning and execution phases.
- Participate and/or perform progress reviews on site, when necessary.
- Be a liaison between the wider IOC Finance team (Financial Planning, Accounting, Commercial finance, Taxes, Procurement, Insurance) and other IOC teams through streamlining needed information, coordinate and provide assistance in the management of the bilateral financial tasks and/or obligations between the IOC and OCOGs/YOGOCs throughout the whole lifecycle of operations until the final financial reconciliation post-Games.
- Assist the IOC Games-Time operations, when required.
- Perform the administrative tasks linked with the internal IOC monitoring and coordination mechanisms (and tools) of the OCOGs/YOGOCs:
- assist in the candidature cities’ evaluation
- review / update Olympic Games Operational Requirements, Guides (Olympic Games) / Event Manual (YOG)
- participate in internal coordination meetings
- update Master Schedule timelines and/or issue trackers
- prepare meeting agendas and follow up reports
- keeps project documentation up-to-date (Share-point space)
- review OCOGs/YOGOCs foundation and operational plans, contracts, etc.
- support on the yearly budgeting process and budget management of the Unit and administer all the necessary tasks through the different internal financial management tools (SAP, Ariba, etc)
- Participate and lead (as requested) the IOC transfer of knowledge activities including developing template reports and analyse information (statistical or other). Be responsible for the content management of transfer of knowledge workshops/debriefs (for the functional areas under responsibility).
- Liaise closely with the Olympic Games Knowledge (OGK) team in the organisation of the information in the transfer of knowledge platforms.
- Participate in special projects according to needs.
- Ensures the smooth communication, coordination and management of the OCOGs/YOGOCs financial aspects across the various departments of the IOC (including within the Finance department)
- Lead IOC project management responsibilities relating to OCOGs/YOGOCs activities within the scope of activities.
- When necessary create and maintain updated tools, templates and formats as needed to facilitate the project management of the different areas under responsibility.
Training and language and IT competences
- Advanced university degree and master’s degree or equivalent qualification in business/finance
- At least 5 years of professional experience with at least 3 of them in financial management of multi-sport (mega) events, with emphasis in financial planning (budgeting)
- Experience in project management
- Fluency in English (written and oral) with good command of French. Other languages will be an asset
- Excellent Command of key MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc). Advanced command of Excel
- Familiarity with SAP and Sharepoint is an advantage
The International Olympic Committee is a not-for-profit independent organisation committed to building a better world through sport. By joining us, you become part of the Olympic Movement. You will have the opportunity to work in an international and flexible environment with people of more than 50 nationalities.