Saudi Motorsport Company (SMC) is the new and dedicated business entity established with the aim of integrating all motorsports related events under one umbrella. SMC has been driving the organization and delivery of Formula 1 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, Dakar Rally and Extreme E, as well as a range of another private and public events.
The main objectives of the Hospitality department are to showcase how unique and exceptional is the Saudi Hospitality but also to deliver extraordinary and innovative experience for the VIPs, commercial partners, invitees and Royals, competitors, media and staff.
As a hospitality manager you will be responsible for:
- To manage the project planning and operational delivery of the hospitality zone(s) at one of events from SMC portfolio. Guiding the event hospitality team, the purpose of this role is to manage the development of robust zone operational plans, supplier partnerships and internal departments relationships that will support the successful delivery of a world class hospitality program.
- Hospitality Managers will focus on catering operation and/or production and design according to their core strength, while managing overall planning alignment across all hospitality program services and deliverables at a designated zone(s).
Location: Jeddah, KSA.
Open to Saudi and International applicants.
Hospitality Program Management of designated zone(s)
- Under guidance of Senior Hospitality Manager develop detailed hospitality operational plans. Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Manage relationships and coordinate directions, timelines and responsibilities between the external stakeholders, internal departments and the vendors.
- Build and manage event hospitality team by providing guidance, leadership and expertise.
- Review, challenge and agree vendor operating plans to ensure all food is prepared safely and to an extremely high standard as per service level agreements, operational plans and local legislation. Oversee plan implementation.
- Assist in the implementation of the operational readiness and risk management plan.
- Report and escalate significant changes to, or conflicts within the project. Ensure the Senior Manager kept informed of the progress of tasks and any issues.
- Drive and control the event time delivery of hospitality programme.
Hospitality Catering Management
- Scope catering requirements including kitchen equipment, staffing, space and logistics.
- Develop venue specific menu planning rotations with vendors.
- Monitor food safety plans to ensure compliance and reliability.
- Oversee the end-to-end management of appointed catering vendors and operations at designated zone(s) .
Hospitality Production and Design Management
- Scope spaces requirements of the hospitality zone(s): front of house and back of house spaces sizes, layouts and guest flows;
- Monitor delivery of catering technical requirements and MEP plans;
- Contribute to spaces design, set up and decoration according to approved mood boards, design renders, furniture and materials selection;
- Oversee the end-to-end management of appointed production and design vendors and operations at designated events.
- 3+ years’ experience of working on a large scale event is an advantage. Ideally, can demonstrate experience in the planning and delivery aspects.
- Understanding the end to end solution of a bespoke hospitality program. Have been involved in planning and operating end to end solution for a similar user group.
- Proven catering management experience within a large-scale event or large-scale venue.
- Catering delivery experience at different service levels and formats.
- Understanding of catering operational requirements including kitchen equipment, space, staffing and logistics.
- Knowledge of architect drawings and blueprints, AutoCad is an advantage.
- Experience of working with outside service providers.
- Displays a clear vision and proactively drives the scope implementation.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at any one time and prioritizes efficiently.
- Communicates effectively and coordinates his/her actions with the others.
- Takes accountability and ownership of risks and issues, searches solutions proactively and escalates issues for help as required.
- Resilient, calm and in control of emotions. Prepared to deal with stress.