Head of Licensing & Retail
The Head of Licensing and Retail is responsible for leading the licensing & retail team and defining the licensing & retail strategy for all FIFA brands, FIFA tournaments and events.
The role will lead cross-integration with all other commercial teams to maximise fan engagement, and develop new opportunities particularly in digital, gaming, esports and other new evolving fan touchpoints.
These are your key tasks:
- Develop and implement a global licensing and retail strategy that drives fan engagement, revenue growth, new markets development as well as the growth of existing and evolving product categories
- As part of the strategy define the future models, tactical implementations, operational processes and necessary resources and capabilities to deliver the strategic objectives
- Together with marketing and brand, and other relevant teams define and develop sustainable FIFA brand licensing propositions, outside of events and tournaments
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with external stakeholders including licensees, licensing representatives and agencies, suppliers, retail operators, and any other strategic partners
- Ensure relevant and necessary commercial terms, applicable legal and financial parameters are considered and implemented whilst overseeing and leading negotiations with contractual partners
- Develop FIFA's ecommerce and retail strategy
- Develop the strategy for FIFA onsite and offsite retail programmes and oversee the delivery of such FIFA retail programmes for all events
- Ensure strong collaboration with relevant internal and external commercial and operational teams in order to deliver best in class tournament and event retail experiences
- Manage and mentor team of licensing, retail and business development experts to drive performance, delivery of the objectives and to ensure a future talent pipeline
- Manage financial planning, forecasting and budgeting, including developing solid reporting and controlling structures and processes
These tasks are a good start. Time will change. Take it and shape it.
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- Relevant business degree
- 360 understanding of business disciplines in consumer product business development and go-to-market processes
- Minimum of 10 years in (a) relevant consumer product organisation(s), of which a minimum of 5 in a senior management position
- Proven track record of leading strong and effective teams and developing & mentoring individual team members
- Experience working with Business intelligence & analyses and able to define data needs to inform business decisions
- Proven solid contract negotiator, proficient in legal and financial matters in relation to contract processes and management
- Brings a good network and solid relationships across relevant businesses and sectors
- Excellent understanding of the international sports, major events and/or entertainment business
- Experience and skilled in working in complex multi-stakeholder environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills, convincing and able to take people 'on the journey'
- Energetic, positive and with a can-do attitude
- Fluent in English, preferably a second language
- Excellent analytical, presentation and communications skills
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis
We are FIFA
We are FIFA, the global governing body for football.
Our vision is to make football truly global, diverse and inclusive, for the benefit of the entire world.
We are a modern organisation with over 850 passionate employees who are Living Football every day. Our headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have an office in Paris, plus eleven regional offices from New Zealand to India, Congo, Panama and Paraguay.
Building the new FIFA is stimulating and demanding.
We seek people who can help take us to the next level. People who constantly challenge us to innovate and find better ways. Are you the right kind of player for our team?
Equal. Diverse. Inclusive.
Come as you are.
Perks & Benefits
The biggest benefit of a career at FIFA is the privilege to work for the beautiful game and create something that matters.
Alongside that privilege, we also offer some extra perks and benefits:
- Health and fitness
- Home office
- Language courses
- Continuous learning
- Relocation allowance