Governance & Compliance Counsel
FIFA and the Qatar 2022 Local Organising Committee LLC (LOC) has formed a joint venture (Q22), which is responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
The Governance and Compliance Counsel will provide legal compliance services in the Legal Department and support the Chief Legal Officer in ensuring that Q22 legal activities meet best practices.
An experienced individual responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing a comprehensive governance and compliance program throughout the organisation:
- Establish a framework to identify, prioritise and enable the effective and efficient management of compliance risks facing the organisation;
- Develop compliance policies and procedures, govern key risk areas such as ABC, conflicts of interest, anti-money laundering/KYC, gifts and entertainment, etc;
- Develop a compliance training program for the employees and conduct trainings on a regular basis;
- Establish a solid due diligence process and perform due diligence on third parties considering international trade sanctions;
- Support employees in compliance related questions and ensure a timely response on concerns or questions;
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the compliance program activities;
- Perform investigations as well as take appropriate measures;
- Advise on all regulatory and governance policy issues, including interfaces with Government and FIFA rules and regulations.
- Ensure development and implementation of a compliance program;
- Effectively and regularly communicate management’s commitment to compliance and ethics;
- Conduct periodic compliance risk assessment and evaluate effectiveness of controls;
- Design and implement compliance policies and standards; review policies and procedures for alignment, consolidation and harmonization with needs;
- Recommend processes and tools to facilitate adherence to policies and standards;
- Provide ad hoc compliance and governance related advice and counsel;
- Design and work with HR and Internal Communications to deliver compliance awareness and training programs and deliver specialised training;
- Advise on international trade sanctions and third party management whistleblower and hotline case management;
- Support maintenance of governance and compliance standards, policies and processes and ensure proper implementation, follow up and resolution of all compliance matters and issues as per established standards
- Deliver governance and compliance services in a timely manner and to international standards
- Provide draft mitigation strategies for conflicts of interest
- Maintain COI and gifts registers
- Provide regular board ready reports on the compliance program
- Liaise with external counsel on compliance matters
- Develop and implementing monitoring and screening programs
- Perform investigations as well as take appropriate measures
- If applicable, liaise with regulators and auditors
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Chief Legal Officer and/or the Legal Director directly related or relevant to the job.
- Bachelor degree in law and preferably a second degree (Masters or J.D. if Bachelors in non-legal discipline) and a recognized compliance related accreditation;
- Certified as a law practitioner in at least 1 major jurisdiction.
- 7+ years’ experience in Compliance or related field (audit, finance or legal) with understanding of structure and needs of effective Compliance programs;
- Experience in international trade sanctions;
- International and regional experience preferable;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Good analytical and organizational skills;
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through;
- Problem-solving abilities;
- Flexibility and a related ability to work autonomously;
- A team player willing to work on tight timelines;
- A positive attitude, empathetic, patient, and persistence.
- English fluency – spoken and written (required);
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage;
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project);
- Planning software, especially when dealing with various internal and external stakeholders.