European Sponsorship Association Sponsorship Sales Certificate
Part-time, practical course to enhance and accredit your sales techniques and develop the skills necessary to build thriving commercial relationships with prospective or existing sponsors.
- Actively involved in sales and marketing a sponsorship, or looking to develop best practice?
- Introducing a qualification for sales practitioners wanting to enhance skills within the sponsorship industry. Practical, interactive part-time learning, with diverse, richly rewarding content across sports, cultural, charity, local government, entertainment and community sectors.
- What is involved?
Four-morning sessions held in London over four weeks, covering:
- Understanding sponsorship and its role in the marketing mix (trends and best practice concepts)
- Ways in which to develop your sponsorship proposition and present compelling narrative to prospective partners
- Understanding audience intelligence, prospecting and micro-communities
- How to structure and develop a proposal
- Pricing strategically and using a value-led technique
- Negotiation and closing techniques
- Effective presenting (including an intensive opt-in session)
- Contract management
- See the course .
A formal, two-part assessment, comprising a written proposal and presentation
- Responding to a brief, participants have two weeks to prepare their materials in advance of a presentation to the assessment panel
- Final accreditation is split evenly across ability to demonstrate written and oral skills, including:
- Understanding a client brief and connecting a proposition to its objectives
- Creative approach to sponsorship sales; ability to offer flexible solutions
- Confidence and authority in a live presentation environment
- Product knowledge
- Commercial acumen
- Answering Q&A sessions.
- With the majority of participants in full-time employment, care is taken to ensure that the course workload doesn’t interfere with ongoing work commitments
- Participants are given short exercises to undertake between sessions, with a further hour of commitment in time expected between sessions
- Preparation for the final assessment amalgamates these exercises and requires probably a further half day of preparation time.
Who can do the course?
- Anyone wanting to upgrade skills in sponsorship sales, or gain the necessary credentials to enter this sector.
What will I gain from doing the ESA Sponsorship Sales Certificate?
An ability to:
- Show a clear understanding of sponsorship trends and best practice
- Tailor proposals for each client and adapt to a variety of objectives
- Display enhanced negotiation skills and pricing techniques
- Present with confidence and exhibit the skills needed to win pitches.
- Read testimonials from graduates .
- For more detailed information about the course, please visit
- This course is delivered in partnership with Think! Sponsorship.
Break into sports
Sports marketing, sponsorship and event management
January and June
£500 - £1,000