Director Sales - Global Basketball (m/f/d)
SPORTFIVE is a global sports marketing agency that delivers customer-centric solutions based on trust and transparency, deep industry experience and global relationships, digital intelligence and innovation. SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rights-holders, media platforms and fans to create and enable contemporary partnerships in sports.
While creating and growing long-term value for all, SPORTFIVE often leads the sports business into the future through innovative digital solutions and strives to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
Being at the centre of professional sport SPORTFIVE will use its unique position, in order to make a positive contribution to sustainability and to live up to the social and economic duty and responsibility, which sport and consequently all parties involved, also have.
SPORTFIVE operates with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries around the world, active in Football, Golf, Esports, Motorsport, Handball, Tennis, American Football, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Olympics and Multi-Sport Events and many more.
- Global partnership sales for our major NBA team clients including the LA Lakers, Chicago Bulls and NY Knicks
- Advisory and guidance for global brands on the U.S. sports sponsorship landscape and development of the right solution based on their objectives
- Key Account management
- Prospecting and outreach to brands on behalf of SPORTFIVE’s NBA clients
- Development of new creative sales approaches in close collaboration with creative strategy & sales insights team
- Expert & support function for all SPORTFIVE market units that support on the NBA team sales projects
- University degree in marketing, international management, business or similar background
- 5-6 years of professional work experience in international sales, sports marketing or strategic account management
- Reliable experience with respect to the sponsorship sales process and authentic track record in partnership sales
- Profound sales skills and ability to coordinate and work with an international sales team
- Conscious of market developments and quick hands-on ability to adapt
- High own motivation to constantly identify new potential partners and strong deal closing ability
- Highly organized, detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast‐paced and deadline-driven environment while managing multiple priorities, able to build personal relationships on senior level
- Business fluent in english with ability to communicate and negotiate fluently
- Excellent MS Office skills, Salesforce experiences is helpful
- U.S. & U.K. sports sponsorship experience are a plus
This is what you can expect from us:
- Your new environment: an exciting task in the sports business, a committed team with short communication and decision-making paths
- Our onboarding: You will start with a position-specific introduction and as part of our 'Welcome on Board' initiative you will receive a comprehensive overview of the entire organization
- Your development opportunities: freedom for both personal and professional development, supported by individual development planning with complementary, further training measures as well as "training on the job”
- Work-life balance: support for work-life balance, including flexible working hours and mobile working, and a free family service for support in all life situations
- Many corporate benefits: discounted partner offers as well as a wide range of additional benefits
- Our culture: we support a culture of diversity and "live" our values - regular training courses and clear internal processes form the formal basis for our open, respectful, and appreciative interaction with one another
SPORTFIVE values the diversity of its employees as an enrichment and is expressly committed to the goal of equal opportunities for all genders. Women are strongly encouraged to apply in this regard.