Director Business Intelligence (m/f/d)
YOUR CAREER WITHIN THE SPORT BUSINESS
Discover exciting career opportunities within the sports business with us. Our activities cover every aspect of sports marketing: together, as a team, we span the entire value chain within the sports sector.
We offer you freedom and the chance to make an impact. At SPORTFIVE, you can look forward to exciting challenges day in, day out. Here, you can proactively shape your work and contribute your own ideas and viewpoints.
Diversity and inclusion are very dear to us at SPORTFIVE: we believe that differing perspectives and backgrounds are crucial to success. We are explicitly committed to gender equality and are striving to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to act as their authentic self.
Want to help shape the future of the sports industry? Join us and contribute your skills and expertise as a Director Business Intelligence (m/f/d)
Sponsorship Intelligence supports our sales teams and other internal and external stakeholders with research, market data and analysis in the strategic planning, evaluation, implementation and success monitoring of their sponsorships.
How you can help us:
- You are a specialist for sponsorship success monitoring and sponsorship strategy with a focus on media research to support our global sales teams, other internal stakeholders as well as external sponsors in their decision making.
- You push forward the use of research data for all corporate purposes worldwide and bring your knowledge to local markets. You’ll be a member of our German Sponsorship Intelligence team located in Hamburg and Frankfurt and work in close cooperation with units in France, UK and US.
- You analyze, interpret and visualize data from media research, combine it with other data sources such as market research and market data and derive recommendations for action from it.
- You are responsible for coordinating the needs of our internal and external stakeholders for media research and market data and purchasing this data from relevant service providers.
- You implement customer projects (e.g. sponsorship success monitoring, sponsorship strategy) independently with the help of interns and working students. You present the results of your work to (potential) customers (remotely and on-site).
- You advice internal stakeholders as well as (external) rights holders on their sponsorship inventory (e. g. pricing, positioning of advertising tools, perimeter board system) based on media and market data and your expertise.
- You work with experts in data engineering/data science to automate and link data streams and improve accessibility for sales teams.
What you’ll bring:
> 5 years of professional experience in the field of sponsorship research / sponsorship performance marketing – ideally in the field of media research and / or consultancy
- Good understanding of the mechanism of our global sponsorship rights like clubs from Bundesliga, Premier League, NBA or NFL as well as Formula 1 teams and athletes
- Excellent English (fluent in written and spoken form), German is an advantage
- Very good understanding of numbers, analytical thinking skills and strong knowledge of Excel, Power BI as well as PowerPoint and very good presentation skills
- Enjoyment of deriving business recommendations for action from data and dealing with sales trends
- Willingness to travel internationally (Europe, America, Asia) on a regular basis
Don’t meet all the criteria? No worries! We focus on the individual. Our job descriptions are intended to give you an insight into the demands of the position in question. Your passion for working with us and your willingness to develop are just as important to us as your skills: there are some things we can teach you on the job.
What we offer you
- An innovative Environnement: An exciting role within the sports business, a dedicated team with short communications and decision-making channels
- Fair development opportunities: space for personal and thematic development, supported by individual development planning with supplementary CPD and “Training on the job”
- Family-friendly atmosphere: to promote work/life balance, including via flexible working hours, more sick leave for children than usual, mobile working, job-sharing and a free family service.
- Additional corporate benefits: discounted partner offers, plus an array of additional benefits e.g., company pension scheme, Deutschland Ticket train pass and a bike for work.
If so, hit apply!
We look forward to hearing from you.