Coordinator Athlete Services (m/f/d)
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, IRONKIDS®, ITU World Triathlon Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 235 events across 55+ countries.
Race: HAMBURG WASSER World Triathlon & Cyclassics
Event date: July 10-11th & August 22nd, 2021
The Athlete Services team is responsible for overseeing the entire athlete experience (including side events), from the setup of online registrations, athlete queries, website management, bib allocation, athlete communication via e-mails, registration onsite, athlete welfare and the awards ceremony. They must work closely with various teams and stakeholders, (e.g. Race Director, Partnership Team, Expo Management Team, Operations Team, Timing Company, Race Referee, Announcers, Marketing Team and finally Medical Team to ensure a smooth experience for athletes.
- Day to day athlete enquiries and services, answering e-mails and phone calls.
- Close collaboration with Marketing and Athlete Development
- Coordinate Event Registration Openings.
- Maintain the website.
- Administration and maintenance of the online registration tool (Active) and the athlete database (CRM).
- Planning & implementing of participant accreditation onsite at Events
- Layout planning of set up.
- Coordinate and supervisor Team Leaders and volunteers onsite.
- Work closely together with local triathlon federations, timing partner and other partners to ensure smooth execution of events.
- Assist with bulk ordering.
- Prepare team leader manuals for all areas that concern Athlete Services before the events.
- Deal with all post event related tasks such as timing result issues, athlete complains and lost property.
Skills and competencies
Your excellent communication skills written, and verbal qualify you to work with the athlete service department. Independent working, flexibility, reliability and the ability to work under pressure and solve problems are self-evident for you. To be part of our events guarantee you an exciting and diversified working climate.
- High level of customer service.
- Bachelor Degree or vocational school ideally in administration, economy, sport or endurance/event business.
- 1 – 2 years in sport event area or customer service experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Enthusiasm for sport: knowledge of triathlon, cycling preferred but not essential
- Comprehensive understanding of: Active & Office 365
- Experience with data processing using a database system
- Languages: German and English is a must
- Ability to travel and work in sport events on weekends.
What we offer
- We enable flexible working hours, and home office, subject to certain conditions.
- Open, modern and friendly working environment with a strong culture across EMEA.
- Opportunity to be creative in your work and the possibility to develop your own ideas and concepts.
- Informal and relaxed dress codes.
- Part of a growing global Company.
A fix-term contract (one year, June 1st, 2021 till May 31st, 2022) will be made based on a full-time employment. We are looking forward to receiving your application in German or English including your salary expectations and your notice period. Are you interested? Please apply here.