Classification Consultant at the UCI
Founded on 14th April 1900 in Paris, the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) is the world governing body for cycling. Its mission is to develop and supervise cycling in all its forms and for everybody, as a competitive sport, as a healthy recreational activity and as a means of transport and having fun. Additionally, the UCI promotes a number of its own events, including the UCI Road World Championships, an iconic annual event, and a wide range of other UCI World Championships and World Cups across the various disciplines. It is based in Aigle, Switzerland, at the UCI World Cycling Centre.
To support its Sports Department, the UCI is seeking an: Classification Consultant (50%), English-French
Operating independently and outside the organisational structure of the UCI, the Consultant has its own work plan, and holds a position of trust with respect to the UCI. He/She is not just acting for the UCI, but also acts for a number of other contractors. The Consultant is required to have adequate insurance coverage for activity-related risks (such as insurance against civil liability and material damages, accident and sickness protection cover paying a daily allowance, state pension and invalidity insurance, occupational pension, etc.). In addition, he/she has to be insured as an independent before the competent social insurance institutions.
Reporting directly to the Head of Para-cycling and in close collaboration with the Para-cycling Coordinator, the Classification Consultant (known as “Head of Classification” by IPC) is to lead and be responsible for the administration, coordination and the execution of the classification.
Main responsibilities :
• Coordinate the UCI Classification Committee’s activities, including action plans and follow-up
• Designate of the Chief Classifiers and classifiers panel for events that are authorized by the UCI
• Put in place, manage and develop the classification database
• Manage the Master list
• Manage the UCI Classification Education - Education pathway and course material development update
• Update articles of the UCI Rule and Regulations related to the classification to be in line with the IPC Code and International Standards
• Overseeing the research to be carried out by a research committee
• Supervise and coordinate the classification during UCI Events.
• Educated to degree level (preferably in Medical field)
• Extensive knowledge and experience in classification
• Autonomy and leadership
• Knowledge of cycling and para-cycling sport in particular
• Strong knowledge of the Paralympic community and people with disabilities
• Strong sense of organization and ability to manage several files at once
• Fluent in English and/or French
• Strong interpersonal skills and adaptability
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
• Flexibility and availability for international travel.
Start date: as soon as possible
Join us and you will have every opportunity to use your skills, to be involved in current sporting activities and to contribute to the success of a modern and dynamic organisation. If you are interested in this position and you meet the criteria outlined in the profile, please e-mail your application and supporting documents (covering letter, CV, employment references and qualifications) via clicking below