EURO 2020 Venue Manager
|Sector||Verbände & LOKs|
|Function||Veranstaltung & laufender Betrieb|
Division / Unit: Operations / Venue Operations
Contract type: Fixed Term
Start date: 01.11.2019
End date: 31.07.2020
In 2020, the UEFA EURO will celebrate its 60th anniversary. To celebrate this milestone, the tournament will be
played across 12 different European cities - bringing the EURO closer to the fans and celebrating the best of
European football and culture. To make this all possible, we need fantastic, dedicated people in every area.
We are seeking Venue Managers for 11 host cities (excluding Baku): AMS, BIL, BUC, BUD, COP, DUB, GLA, LON, MUC, ROM and SPB.
One Venue Manager will start in January 2019 ideally, 2 in September 2019 and 8 in November 2019.
At each of the 12 UEFA EURO 2020 venues (i.e. the stadium and within the defined perimeter), the Venue Manager is responsible for the final preparations and world-class operation of his/her venue in conjunction with the stadium owner/operator, LOS (local organising structure) team, government, regional and host city authorities as well as internal and external stakeholders. This role includes implementing processes, managing all necessary resources and leading the venue team to ensure efficient, safe and high-quality services to all target groups attending matches.
- Creating with the venue team on-site the conditions for delivery of world-class football matches and an outstanding spectator and guest experience;
- Establishing and implementing effective and efficient venue management to ensure smooth operations at the venue and high-quality match organisation according to UEFA policies;
- Leading final preparations of the venue during the pre-set-up and set-up phase and ensuring the proper dismantling of the EURO overlay and handback of the stadium to the owner/operator;
- Implementing, together with the Technical Services Manager, the on-site infrastructure and facilities to the appropriate standard and within the agreed budget;
- Collaborating successfully with service providers and public entities such as stadium management, police, emergency services and other relevant partners;
- Ensuring the accurate and timely flow of information/reporting to the Venue Operations Unit throughout the deployment phase on-site;
- Supporting the organisation of working visits, venue tours and other visits/tours leading up to the final tournament in conjunction with the venue management team;
- Ensuring with the host association (LOS) that the stadium operator and its service providers are in full compliance with the stadium contract, UEFA EURO 2020 tournament requirements and agreed planning and deliverables;
- Ensuring good and productive working conditions for venue on-site staff;
- Training and leading the on-site venue team in close cooperation with the Venue Operations Unit and other internal stakeholders;
- Monitoring on-site changes related to the venue and assessing potential impacts on venue operations and organisation;
- Preparing and leading the venue coordination centre team on matchdays;
- Taking full responsibility for the stadium handover and handback procedure, including damage reporting;
- Producing debriefs and final reports.
- from 4 to 6 years in sports event organisation (preferably high-level football tournaments)
- from 4 to 6 years leading a diverse team with a multi-faceted background, responsibilities and tasks
- Masters in a related subject, e.g. event or project management
English proficient and being proficient in the language of one of the Host Countries an asset
- MS Office / Proficient
- MS Project / Advanced
- Project Management / Proficient
- Persuasive, pragmatic and diplomatic in cooperation with colleagues
- Team player
- Able to work well in stressful situations