Commissioning Editor Fitness
Red Bull Media House is a global media company that produces, distributes and publishes authentic content and inspirational entertainment programming in the sports and lifestyle genres. From film to television, print to digital media, music and games, the company's products can be experienced on the latest devices and platforms, fascinating audiences worldwide. For more information visit www.redbullmediahouse.com.
Areas that apply to your strengths
- Grow Fitness audience
You’ll be guiding content within the Fitness Audience group and collaborating with Programming, Communications, Marketing and Brand to identify audience opportunities and growth potential.
Then you’ll devise the year-long, cross platform content strategy that will deliver this potential, collaborating with production partners to develop and realize original fitness content. You’ll work with the Audience group to set reach and engagement targets, monitor traffic, content performance, and adjust the strategy accordingly.
- Revolutionize Fitness content
In this role, you’ll define the content requirements, scope and formats (Social, Live, Digital and long-format) to support Red Bull being a recognised expert in the field of Fitness.
Moreover, you’ll be responsible for defining and guarding Red Bull’s tone of voice in Fitness content and understanding how to reach and engage audiences. You’ll manage the organisation of commissioned Fitness content within the Media Network - in particular our owned platforms - ensuring Fitness content data is up to date and reliable in internal tools.
You’ll work with Development and Production teams to ensure the strategic content is in line with the commissioning brief and the company’s needs. Cooperation with in-house and third party producers to commission Fitness content which meets the strategic, editorial, budgetary, technical and legal standards of the Red Bull Media House is also part of the role.
You’ll also lead workshops and informational meetings on the Fitness audience and content strategy.
- Build up expertise
Another aspect of this role will be to help develop content expertise in the field of Fitness for all Markets through regular communication with country counterparts, and to ensure a consistently deep knowledge of the scene and subject.
Your experience includes
- 5+ years’ professional experience in a mature media market
- Exceptional editorial skills in the Fitness field (i.e. running, multisport, swimming, circuit training,…)
- Ideally certified fitness instructor
- A great knowledge and contacts in the field of Fitness
- Experience in strategic planning, audience development and digital and social content commissioning
- Outstanding storytelling skills and knowledge of various formats (especially short-form)
- Demonstrable success in meeting audience/traffic goals
- Knowledge of audience analytics, budgeting and business planning
- Confident decision-maker and problem-solver
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- A self-starter who is also a team player
- We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
- Bachelor degree
- Fluent in English