IPC Event Database Co-ordinator
3 Verbleibende Tage
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Games and the Paralympic Winter Games and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions.
The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic aspiration and values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Event Database Co-ordinator (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural, international team at the IPC headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting first quarter of 2019 until 30 September 2020 (maternity cover).
Tasks and responsibilities:
The key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assist with coordination and management of internal and external meetings and events using a customised database developed in Filemaker Pro
- Process registrations, accreditations and accommodation requirements for IPC events and follow-up with clients and guests on provided information
- Develop customised database reports for different events as required
- Set-up and maintain online registration websites
- Support the IPC Protocol, Hospitality & Events Department in administrative and other tasks as required
- You must be a highly passionate individual who is inspired by the Paralympic Movement and who can fit into and complement an extremely busy and fast paced environment.
- Furthermore, you should meet these requirements:
- Have a university degree in Event Management, Database Management or equivalent
- Have proven experience in the management of databases (knowledge of Filemaker Pro is a plus),
- Have experience in document design and publishing in programmes such as Adobe InDesign CS6, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (excellent working knowledge of MS Office is a must)
- Have excellent English verbal and written communication skills (knowledge of additional languages is valued)
- Be customer-oriented, flexible and able travel to events to support events on-site
- Have strong organisational skills
- Be precise and work with strong attention to detail
- Be able to work independently and meet deadlines in a demanding quality service-oriented environment
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English as pdf-file by 10 December 2018.
Please state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply; we support the relocation process and will provide transitional accessible accommodation.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.