Field Project Manager
Report to the ITTF Foundation Project Manager and to the ITTF Foundation Director.
Coordinate humanitarian projects, advise on the TT4ALL program and link ambassadors as well as elite players with the ITTF Foundation. Mainly they will work in the Dream Building, TT Legacy and TT4ALL program. The selected person will monitor and evaluate projects and assure the best technical and practical execution. They will advise on aspects of the TT4ALL program and establish and maintain the relationship with the ITTF Foundation ambassadors and table tennis athletes. The focus is on creating the best standards and replicable measures. The Field Project Manager will work closely to the ITTF Foundation Management Team and be the link to Local Project Coordinators. The ideal candidate is an experienced table tennis player and is a certified ITTF-PTT Level 1 (or any higher level) Coach, ideally already a trained ITTF Expert. She or he will visit projects on a regular base.
Be responsible for the vision and growth of humanitarian projects of the ITTF Foundation, notably through the following tasks:
- Implement the ITTF Foundation’s vision of Dream Building and creating a positive social legacy of table tennis events all over the world;
- Guarantee the fulfilment of ITTF Foundation’s monitoring and evaluation criteria and systems;
- Receive, answer and insist on all project related inquiries from all: local project leaders, local and international partners and the ITTF Foundation; resolve eventual conflicts among the different stakeholders involved in the projects;
- Advise the ITTF Foundation Project Manager on technical and practical aspects of projects;
- Develop the exit strategy (sustainability) of projects in the long term, in collaboration with all: local project leaders, local and international partners and the ITTF Foundation Project Manager;
- Provide updated and project related graphical material (photos, images, footages) and descriptions at any time;
- Advise on the implementation of TT4ALL related projects and their publications, such as the World Table Tennis Day, guidelines and manuals;
- Develop clear proposals for the involvement of ambassadors and athletes and follow up;
- Additional work as requested by the ITTF Foundation Director.
Candidates for the position of ITTF Foundation – Field Project Manager should demonstrate:
- Long-time, current and practical experience in table tennis;
- Practical and certified experience as an ITTF PTT Coach (minimum ITTF PTT Level 1);
- Relevant tertiary education in Sports Management and/or careers related to Development Cooperation and Peace and/or Conflict Resolution;
- Five years’ experience working within international sports management and or development cooperation;
- Practical experience of working in humanitarian projects in developing countries;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, particularly in the English language;
- Strong organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects;
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to lead both small and large teams;
- Proven ability to build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Professional capacity to work in multiple languages, both written and spoken, in particular, French, Arabic, Spanish and/or German, other languages are a plus.
- ITTF-PTT Coaching Course Conductor certification.
All applications must be made through the online application form on ITTF.com and will only be accepted until 19th October 2018.