IPC Junior Web Developer (f/m/x)
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Junior Web Developer (f/m/x) at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
These will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop new and maintain existing web-based applications (PHP) to support the daily data management with primary focus on the ten IPC sports
- Adapt and optimise frontend solutions and the underlying SQL databases
- Liaise with IPC staff to review, analyse and implement change requests
- Act as main contact person for internal and external users, and handle their various requests for support (technical issues, procedural questions, data analytics)
- Support the integration of third-party solutions to ensure efficient communication and data transfer (via web services or similar) between all applications
- Write software documentation and user manuals
You must be a highly passionate individual who is inspired by the Paralympic Movement and who can fit into and complement an extremely busy and fast-paced environment.
Furthermore, you should meet our requirements:
- Have a B.A. degree (or higher) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Development, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Have good knowledge of MySQL or another SQL-based relational database management system and have a deep understanding of database structures, entity relations and database management systems
- Have good knowledge of PHP or another object- and web-oriented programming language (experience with PHP frameworks or web technologies like jQuery is an advantage)
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Windows tools: Microsoft Office Suite / Office 365, SharePoint, and/or other Online applications (Teams, OneDrive)
- Have strong communication and organisational skills, service and teamwork orientation as well as a structured, independent and conscientious working style
- Be able to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Be fluent in English both written and verbal (knowledge of another language is an advantage)
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter (including earliest possible start date and salary expectations) in English by clicking apply.