IT Network and Infrastructure Manager (f/m/x)
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sports opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
- Implement infrastructure to meet business challenges and ensure acceptable level of performance for infrastructure elements to meet business requirements.
- Develop procedures to measure the capacity for network devices and hosted applications relative to current and future activities.
- Keep up with current trends and technologies; suggest and bring forward improvements and keep infrastructure up to date.
- Analyse and resolve problems associated with server hardware, desktop systems, services and data/voice connectivity.
- Coordinate with other departments to understand and meet their network and infrastructure requirements.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical and operational documentation.
- Ensure high availability of all network resources. This task includes developing procedures to maintain security, access, protection and user accidental mistakes.
- Weigh business needs against security and implementation risk to support the overall information security strategy.
- Provide guidance for business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Implement measures to facilitate and coordinate the delivery of technical services and support.
- Work with support ticketing systems, managing assigned tickets and providing appropriate follow-up, resolving with meeting service catalogue guidelines.
- Manage and maintain a record of all support calls and responses.
You should meet our requirements:
- Knowledge of a network management software, network protocols, and standards.
- Knowledge of network security issues, resolutions, practices, and network forensics.
- Knowledge of PC based server hardware and software.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose network problems quickly and accurately.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer problems in a networked environment.
- Strong communicational and organisational skills, service and teamwork orientation as well as a structured, independent and conscientious working style.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal. (knowledge of German is an advantage)
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please click 'Apply' below and send your CV and cover letter in English as PDF document.
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website