Olympic Games Delivery Manager - Paris 2024
Department: Olympic Games
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01.06.2018
Deadline to apply: 20.04.2018
Under the supervision of the Head of Games Delivery – Paris 20214, the Olympic Games Delivery Manager - Paris 2024 will work closely with the Paris 2024 Organising Committee and its partners to ensure efficient co-construction of the Olympic Games and maximise opportunities offered by the New Norm.
- Contribute to the development of strong relationships with the relevant executives and people within the Organising Committee (OCOG) and its partners to support the implementation of a collaboration model that facilitates co-construction of the Olympic Games.
- Ensure opportunities offered by the New Norm are fully realised by the OCOG and its partners with a view to achieving financial and operational optimisation where possible.
- Support and promote integration across all aspects of Games delivery acting as the key interface between the OCOG, its partners and the IOC, including through contributing to the:
- Preparation, delivery and follow-up of Coordination Commissions, Joint Steering Forums and Project Reviews; and
- Preparation of reports to IOC Executive Board, Sessions and any other forum as required.
- Assist with the evolution of the Games Management approach and related change management
- Support the development of a new Planning Framework in line with the New Norm. In particular to:
- Align Games planning to reflect the new “3 + 4” Games Planning Framework and an event management approach and support their implementation;
- Reflect the enhanced role of stakeholders in the organisation of the Games (e.g., International Federations through Sport Delivery Plans etc.);
- Support the integration of turnkey solutions adopted by the OCOG;
- Support the effective integration of Commercial Partners with Games delivery; and
- Embrace latest technologies and management approaches.
- In close collaboration with the IOC functions and relevant advisors, work closely with the Organising Committee to support the management of opportunities, risks and issues.
- Support the definition and implementation of the learning strategies for Paris 2024 in line with learning needs analysis throughout the lifecycle.
- Prepare for and lead, where appropriate, relevant seminars and workshops throughout the lifecycle.
- Facilitate the integration of Transfer of Knowledge processes and Data Management principles with Planning activities.
- Support collaboration between Paris 2024 and LA 2028 to support identification of possible synergies and optimisation opportunities.
- Support the Head of Games Delivery – Paris 2024 in the preparation and delivery of IOC Games-related meetings.
- Play a key role in the Games Operations Office during the operational phase of Games delivery in close partnership with organising committees, IOC departments and functions as well as external partners when relevant.
- In close collaboration with IOC functions, contribute to timely update of reference documents, including but not limited to, Olympic Games Generic Master Schedule, Games Operational Requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of adequate readiness activities to prepare the IOC delegation, the relevant OCOG personnel and, where relevant, key stakeholders for Games delivery.
- Develop, implement and maintain and evaluate Planning tools for Paris 2024.
- Provide support to Coordination Commission members and the Olympic Games Executive Director, Olympic Games Associate Director and Head of Games Delivery.
- Be responsible for and manage the preparation and onsite attendance of Paris 2024 at the Games editions preceding theirs.
Education, language, IT and personal competences
- University degree and at least 5-7 years’ professional experience in the planning and delivery of Olympic Games and mega events
- Excellent English and French oral and written skills
- Highly competent user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to travel very regularly, including spending extended periods of time in the host city