IPC Senior Legal Counsel (commercial) (f/m/x)
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is a non-profit organisation based in Bonn, Germany and is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC owns and supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions.
The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with a disability from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Senior Legal Counsel (commercial) (f/m/x) at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany.
- To act as the senior commercial lawyer for the IPC (including the IPC international federations), and to support the IPC’s General Counsel on all commercial matters.
- To negotiate and draft a wide range of commercial agreements, including media rights agreements.
- To provide strategic advice on the IPC's commercial programmes.
- To lead on the IPC’s IP portfolio and brand protection efforts.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
The IPC Senior Legal Counsel will report directly to the IPC General Counsel.
Competencies and qualifications:
The IPC is looking for a highly-driven and motivated candidate who will thrive in an international, fast-paced and exciting team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Sound judgment.
- Relevant legal qualifications.
- Excellent academic achievement and understanding of the law, including a strong grounding in and knowledge of contract law.
- Meaningful experience with drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and media rights agreements.
- Strong drafting skills and first-rate attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of EU data protection laws is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including fluency in English (fluency in additional languages is an asset).
- Good interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- An ability to work in sometimes difficult and pressured conditions, and to prioritise tasks appropriately and adapt to situational demands.
- A team-player attitude and ability to work independently but within a structured legal team.
- Relevant experience in the sports sector (especially Para sport) is an asset.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter (including earliest possible start date and salary expectations in EUR) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 March 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We especially encourage individuals with an impairment to apply.
For further information on the IPC or the Agitos Foundation, please contact us or visit our website under www.paralympic.org.
We are looking forward to your application!