|Sector||Verbände & LOKs|
|Function||Veranstaltung & laufender Betrieb, Strategie & Recherche|
Division / Unit: Operations / Host Country Projects
Contract type: Fixed Term
Start date: 01.04.2018
End date: 31.07.2020
The mobility team is responsible for providing the 13 host countries and host cities of UEFA EURO 2020 with UEFA's requirements, technical guidelines and recommendations in order to ensure that mobility and transport operations run smoothly during the tournament.
The Mobility Coordinator supports the Transport Planner & Mobility Manager across all strands of the UEFA EURO 2020 mobility project, oversees the implementation of the tournament mobility requirements and works closely with local and national authorities with regard to general mobility matters. The role also includes responsibility for coordinating with other UEFA units.
- Ensuring close and efficient coordination with the UEFA stakeholders involved (in venue management, safety and security, event transport, etc.) and their external partners;
- Establishing and maintaining a dialogue on mobility issues with the relevant authorities in the host countries and host cities;
- Helping the host city authorities and the airport authorities to develop their respective mobility and airport operational concepts and deliver them on the ground during the tournament.
Management and administration:
- Ensuring the smooth flow of information between all the relevant stakeholders;
- Providing regular updates on project progress and risk assessments;
- Following up on project planning and ensuring correct reporting;
- Overseeing the airport and mobility projects in line with UEFA's milestones.
- Ensuring that the public transport measures implemented by local authorities meet the general mobility needs and expectations of all UEFA units involved;
- Acting as a point of contact for all relevant public and private parties involved in public transport within the host countries;
- Representing UEFA and its commercial partners within the host countries and host cities.
- from 3 to 5 years working in event operations, ideally on major sporting events
- from 1 to 3 years coordinating projects
- from 1 to 3 years dealing with local and national authorities and/or public transport authorities or providers would be a significant asset
- Masters in sports management, public administration or another relevant field
- A degree in transport planning would also be considered.
- A certification in project management would be an asset.
- English / Proficient
- Knowledge of any other European language in addition to English would be an asset.
- MS Office Advanced
- Ability to multitask and work in an international environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to plan activities, maintain efficient filing systems, and meet quality standards and deadlines
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 25% of total working time)