Digital Marketing Communications Co-ordinator
You have the amazing chance to actively contribute to the world’s third biggest sporting event and be part of the IPC operations before and at the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games from 01 October 2017 - 31 March 2018!
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for 10 sports.
The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. The IPC aims to make for a more inclusive society for people with an impairment through para-sport and promotes the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
In the lead up to the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games, the IPC will run several projects with commercial partners.
These projects will include:
- International social media campaigns including user-generated content (UGC)
- Video production
- Athlete vlogger project where athletes are given mobile phones to record behind the scenes content in PyeongChang. A competition will be held before that to select the vloggers.
This role will involve the successful candidate working in Bonn, Germany, from 01 October 2017 to 31 March 2018. The successful candidate will also work at the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games from 02-18 March 2018.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate with commercial partners and film crews on video production projects ahead of the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games
- Co-ordinate with commercial partners and National Paralympic Committees for a social media campaign
- Co-ordinate the Samsung Paralympic Vloggers project, which will involve running a competition, selecting vloggers, training them and distributing phones
- Optimise distribution and visibility of Samsung vlogs worldwide
- Work with IPC/Samsung film crew during Games
- Liaise with web team to integrate content on IPC website
- Create reports with stats on performance of campaigns
- Three years’ experience in PR, communications, marketing, journalism, video production or social media management
- Have a keen interest in as well as advanced knowledge and experience with social media platforms
- Have first-rate planning and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail and methodical, thorough approach
- Have a basic understanding for video uploading software and general computer software
- Have an eye for a funny/ entertaining video
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Capability to work independently but also as part of a wider team
- Willingness to work longer hours during Games
- Additional languages are an advantage.
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter as soon as possible in English via the provided link. Please include your earliest starting date and your salary expectations.
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We look forward to your application!