IPC Media Operations Co-ordinator (f/m)
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for 10 sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Media Operations Co-ordinator (f/m) at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting 01 October 2017 in a passionate in-house PR team.
Reporting to the IPC Public Relations Senior Manager, you will have these tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with Organising Committees of major Para sport events regarding all aspects of media operations including media accreditation, media accommodation, media transport, press facilities and policies
- Be responsible for updating and maintaining the IPC’s overall media distribution list, developing specific lists for specific countries, sports and events; distribute press releases
- Update relevant website pages, working in partnership with various other departments
- Create web pages for microsites and event pages
- Work with the IPC’s official biography provider to ensure athlete biographies are up-to-date and accurate
- Create quarterly media coverage reports for the 10 sports for which the IPC acts as international federation
- Book and brief photographers for events, source images for IPC publications and develop the IPC’s photo database
You should meet our requirements:
You must be a highly talented and enthusiastic individual who can fit into and complement an extremely busy and fast paced team responsible for promoting and raising awareness of the Paralympic Movement.
Furthermore, you should:
- have a university degree in a related field
- have at least one years of work experience in media or event related activities
- have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in English (knowledge in other languages is a plus)
- have excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and great attention to detail
- feel comfortable working in a multi-cultural and relaxed, bust sometimes stressful, environment
- have excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- be able to operate with limited supervision and multitask in a fast changing environment
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English to the IPC Human Resources Senior Manager Alexandra Schnurr via the provided link by 20 August 2017.
Please state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We are looking forward to your application!