Digital Community Coordinator
|Sector||Agenturen & Sponsoren|
|Function||Veranstaltung & laufender Betrieb, Marketing & Kommunikation|
|Salary||Salary dependant on experience|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and event management company specialising in professional sailing, outdoor events, managing competitive teams and athletes, and providing consultancy to brands, host venues and other events. Our offices in the UK, France, Switzerland, USA and China, form the OC Sport Group.
Project Overview: Launched in 2011, the Haute Route offers amateur riders the chance to ‘ride like a pro’ across the most iconic cols in the world (Dolomites Swiss Alps, Pyrenees, Alps, Rockies & Ventoux), with additional compact events. The Haute Route is a market leader and has an ambitious growth strategy over the next five years.
Other Outdoor Events include the Geneva Marathon, Nice-Cannes Marathon and the recently acquired Geneva Triathlon.
OC Sport requires a Digital Community Coordinator to help drive participation numbers across the range of their outdoor events. The Digital Community Coordinator’s role is to manage and execute the digital marketing strategy across all online marketing activity including social media, email, PPC, display, and SEO activity.
With an increasing focus on paid for social media activity, the role requires particular proficiency in this area. He/she will aim to increase customer loyalty and retention, while reaching a new and wider audience and converting them to participants. Managing the Facebook community is one key area of focus.
The role will report directly to the Commercial Marketing Director, for all cycling activities, and to the Outdoor Events Director, for all non-cycling activities. The role will also work closely with the wider marketing and media team.
- Design, create, manage and optimise online ad campaigns for all markets across our growing portfolio of outdoor events
- Oversee design of graphics with the design team for ad campaigns
- Help drive entries (public/corporate/charity) through ad campaigns
- Help managing marketing plans for each event and overseeing the marketing budget with the ultimate aim of driving entries and sponsor/partner engagement.
- Manage all un-paid content distribution through social media.
- Monitor, listen, respond and increase engagement with cyclists / runners / triathletes across Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram…
- Lead executions of social media content for specific events,
- Lead executions of social media content for partners and other stakeholders
- Oversee design of graphics with the design team for individual projects
- Boost interest for entries (public/corporate/charity)
- Monitor and analyse conversations, gather consumer insights and react efficiently to consumer questions and comments
- Manage proactive and reactive communications on social channels
- Help manage the annual digital marketing budget
- Reviewing ROI and trends to direct future activities
- Managing and grow all SEO and organic search activity working with support from our web development and content creation teams / agency
- Optimise the performance of our email marketing campaigns
- Sort and analyse trends and create reports for the product management team
- Measure performance : monitoring, analysing and reporting for each channel.
- 2-5 years experience in a results driven online marketing environment
- Experience of community management especially in endurance sports
- Experience of engaging people through social medias with the objective to generate sales
- Experience of managing budgets, promotional spending and external suppliers/partners
- In-depth knowledge of all digital marketing disciplines, channels and platforms
- Strong understanding of online KPIs, conversion funnel analysis, controlling performance and ROI
- Well honed analytical skills with a strong working knowledge of Google Analytics & Excel
- Ability to think strategically and a focus on results delivery
- Experience of managing Facebook ad campaigns preferable using the Power Editor or similar pro level suites.
- Good understanding of the principles of SEO
- Must be a UK, EU or Swiss national
- A love of running / triathlon / cycling and endurance sports in general
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Fluency in English and French (either native or strong command) is mandatory, additional languages would be an asset
- Key skills: creativity, curiosity, precision, pro-activity, can-do attitude all wrapped into positive energy.
- Willingness to prospect new clients, create business opportunities and close deals
- Full driving licence
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively, who can take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team
- A self-starting personality that’s comfortable working autonomously
- An enthusiasm for travel and attendance at events throughout the year as required
OC Sport ist eine digitale Sportmarketing- und Eventfirma, die sich auf Segeln und Outdoor Sportarten, wie Laufsport und Fahrradfahren als auch auf Extremsportarten, wie Abenteuerrennen und Hindernislauf spezialisisiert hat.