Finance and Operations Senior Manager
The Agitos Foundation is the leading global organisation developing sport activities for people with an impairment as a tool for changing lives and contributing to an inclusive society. As developing arm of the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), the Agitos Foundation extends the philosophy of the Paralympic Games, whose athletes are role models of human potential and act as leaders for change.
Taking its name from the Paralympic Symbol (the Agitos – meaning “I move” in Latin), the Agitos Foundation supports and implements initiatives that enable para-athletes to achieve sporting excellence. To support this further, the Foundation assists IPC Member Organisations around the world to build their human and organisational capacities to spread the Paralympic Movement’s values of courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The Agitos Foundation offers the position as full-time Finance and Operations Senior Manager in a multi-cultural, international environment in an energetic team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
These will be your key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure the overall management and daily operations of Agitos Foundation, including the development of financial functions
- Management of all budgets, supervision of bookkeeping and payments and preparation of annual accounts and annual external audits in line with the International Paralympic Committee’s financial systems
- Co-operation and liaison with external auditors, finance and tax authorities, thus ensuring the compliance with German and International tax laws
- Presentation of operational and financial updates and reports to the AF Supervisory Board and preparation of reports to the foundation supervisory authority
- Responsible for cash flow planning, currency hedging and financial investments
- Develop a progress and performance reporting for all partners and donors
- Overseeing the Foundation’s partnerships with respect to maintaining relationships as well as narrative and financial reporting
- Support the AF CEO to implement the Agitos Foundation’s strategic direction as defined by its Supervisory Board and manage the Foundation’s transition towards the new governance structure under the guidance of the Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- Work closely with the Agitos Foundation fundraising director and programmes team to implement effective strategies for operation and finance
- Work closely with the respective IPC departments to ensure effective management of the Foundation in the areas of finance & corporate services, human resources, information technology, media and communication and marketing
The position will report to the Chief Executive Officer of the Agitos Foundation.
These are our requirements:
- At least seven years working experience and a proven track record in operating NGOs/Charities/Foundations
- Operational and financial management skills are essential; knowledge of German legal and finance systems are fundamental
- University master degree or equivalent education in a relevant field
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skill and the ability to work with colleagues, partners and programmes in different parts of the world. Working experience in a developing country would be an asset
- Excellent German language skills are mandatory
- Excellent verbal and written command of English and at least one additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian)
- Be able to operate and multitask in a fast changing environment under given deadlines
- Availability for occasional business travel
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Have a deep passion and a commitment to work for an international organisation with the understanding to contribute to a social change in society
Would you like to apply?
If you are interested and your qualifications meet our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English via the PROVIDED LINK. Please state the earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give precise figures in EUR). The deadline for submissions is 30 June 2017.
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the Agitos Foundation and the Paralympic Movement on our websites www.paralympic.org/agitos-foundation and www.paralympic.org.
We are looking forward to your application!