Manager, Summer Sports
Join a dedicated international sales team for European Handball properties to acquire brands willing to engage with Handball, based on an ambitious development program initiated by Infront and its partners DAZN and EHF (European Handball Federation).
This is a position for an executive who enjoys autonomy in delivering against targets, however committed to working within a closely connected team based at Infront HQ in Switzerland. The focus will be driving sales to Handball properties on the German speaking market, however international brand contacts and an understanding of European/global sports is expected. The sales team will be supported by creative, digital, and research/intelligence at Infront's HQ and subsidiary offices.
If looking for a new challenge by being independent from fixed office structures, although integrated into a team and you currently have direct access to brand decision makers to introduce new solutions, this opportunity will prove interesting and rewarding.
- Utilise a diverse and interesting portfolio of rights to establish strong, long-term relationships and an understanding of brand needs
- Drive Marketing / Sponsoring sales of EHF EUROs and EHF club competitions
- Assemble and sell partner solutions based upon international / regional interest, market relevance, revenue up-side, TV-reach, digital opportunities, and company importance
- Create activation ideas for company use as part of the overall proposition
- Utilize Infront digital capabilities via Infront Digital, Omnigon and others to deliver brands with digital/social content, reach and engagement
- Advanced education (preferable for a university degree in business administration, sports management and/or sales/marketing)
- At least 8 years of marketing / sales experience in an international environment (sports industry or entertainment business – agency, federation, club, media etc.)
- In-depth relationships and direct access to decision makers from international companies, with a focus on GER, focusing on sponsorship
- Leadership of successful sponsorship sales projects (proven relationship builder, contract closer and revenue driver)
- Experience and in-depth understanding of digital media and the creative completion of digital assets for sponsorship programs
Skill & competencies:
- Understanding of brands and the European sports market
- Preferably a deep-going understanding of & passion for Handball
- Strong attitude toward high quality, excellence in delivery and ‘client-first’ thinking (external & internal)
- Positive attitude towards Infront’s company values
- High degree of awareness on all Compliance related matters with special focus on Infront’s Code of Conduct and all related policies
- German and English fluent (at least both on level C1)