Director of Events - Red Bull Air Race
The Red Bull Air Race World Championship is the ultimate motorsport series in the sky and has been the driving force in aerial sport since 2003, thrilling fans and leaving them wanting more. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Director of Events (m/f). In this role, you’ll plan, steer, overlook, and evaluate all areas of responsibility across the season and especially at the race events. You’ll constantly evaluate and improve the team structure and manage relations with key suppliers.
Areas that play to your strengths:
- Aviation & Sport
You’ll continuously further develop a global Motorsports World Championship and preserve the uniqueness of the Sport. Moreover, you’ll manage all aviation-related events and activities with respective local laws and regulations while maintaining the highest levels of safety and airworthiness of all involved parties and aircraft.
- Event Production & Operation
Another aspect of this role, is the development of a standard set-up configuration and equipment based on the needs of Aviation & Sport, Media Production, Communication and Hospitality but in line with the overall company goal of capability, economic efficiency, and thrift. You’ll oversee the processes and timelines regarding the race events, the implemented processes, especially regarding health, safety & security, and check and develop the implemented contingency plan.
Creating strategies for optimized deliveries and overseeing and checking the warehousing will be part of your role as well.
- Overlook additional events
Lastly, you’ll take charge of the concept creation, strategy, set-up and execution of Training Camps, Media Days, Demo Days, Side Acts at Race Events and the Prize Giving Ceremony.
Your experience includes:
- 10+ years’ experience in a comparable business environment
- Master in event/sports management, business administration or similar or proven work experience
- Excellent understanding of a complex organizational structure and relationships between stakeholders
- Experience in leading teams, ideally in an international environment
- Extraordinary intercultural, presentation, as well as interpersonal skills
- Confident in conducting negotiations
- Able to manage information and data and translate them into strategic propositions
- Loyal, self-confident, open-minded, diligent team player with a strong sense of confidentiality
- Enthusiastic about sports and motorsports
- A passionate, resilient, structured person with good judgment and a pragmatic spirit
- Fluent in English, German and other additional languages are a plus
We are looking forward to receiving your online-application!